A quick summary - food, beverages, public speaking and training:
- Elliot's book, Use Wine to Make Sense of the
World, was published in 2010. His guide, Public Speaking: Face It, Don't Force It was published in 2012.
- Elliot is a Certified Specialist of Wine (CSW) and Certified Specialist of Spirits (CSS) as recognized by the Society of Wine Educators.
- Elliot is the developer of "Elliot Essman's Wine Essentials," a multidisciplinary course on wine and spirits.
- Elliot earned a James Beard Foundation Journalism Award nomination in
the Spirits, Wine or Beer category for his article on Mexican
- Elliot holds a Wine & Spirit Education Trust Level-3 Advanced Certificate in Wines
& Spirits (with Distinction).
- Elliot holds a Blue Ribbon Diploma in Professional Baking and Pastry Skills from the
Institute of Culinary Education in New York.
- Elliot earned a Degree in Mixology from the International School of Bartending in New
- Elliot is a Langevin Learning Services - Certified Instructor/Facilitator.
- Elliot qualified as a Brainbench.com - Certified Business Writer (99th percentile score
A few personal touches:
- Law Degree (J.D.) Fordham University, New York
- B.A. Fordham University College of Liberal Arts, New York
- Advanced training in French language, Dialogue School, Belgium
- Elliot lives in Mamaroneck, New York, and spends a good deal of time at wine and food events, as well as French and German language activities.
- Elliot is an avid tennis fan, and will talk about the sport in detail if not stopped. As far as actual physical
activity is concerned, he enjoys hiking, especially in the Sandia Mountains of New Mexico.
- Elliot plays blues and jazz on the guitar and piano.
- Elliot has a son (Thor Bjarke Essman) who is married and lives in Melbourne, Australia. Elliot now has
three grandchldren in Australia.
- It should come as no surprise that Elliot enjoys food, wine and entertaining.
- Elliot's Current Contact
Elliot's Facebook Page
James Beard Award Nominee Elliot Essman
Elliot Essman is available for custom writing assignments ranging from tasting notes for
individual wines to full-length wine and culinary books. Of course he remains ready to review
new wines, food products, wine and kitchen equipment, and books. Please send in an inquiry
using the contact page link at the lower left of this page.
Elliot in California's Santa Ynez Valley
Elliot in Chinon, France
Copyright © Elliot Essman 2016 The URL of this site is: