Foods rich in fiber should be part of every meal and most snacks:
- Find fiber in whole grains like brown rice, steel cut oats, barley, and any type
- Whole wheat pastas and breads are fiber rich (and have “good” carbohydrates).
- Turn to fresh fruits (fruit juice has no fiber). Apples, pears, and raspberries are
particularly high in fiber.
- Legumes are fiber rich: beans of all kinds, peas, lentils, soybeans.
- Think greens: turnip greens, mustard greens, collard greens.
- Among fresh vegetables, eggplant, broccoli, artichoke, and Brussels sprouts are particularly
high in fiber.