- Eat small meals and snacks every three to four hours
- Eat low fiber foods (they are easier to digest). Note that this is contrary to many
guidelines for healthy eating which stress high fiber foods.
- Drink plenty of liquids (but avoid caffeine, coffee and tea)
- Limit or avoid alcoholic beverages
- Limit consumption of dairy products
- Favor low fat foods and avoid fat-rich, fried and greasy foods
- Limit irritating spices like chili peppers
- Avoid gas-producing foods such as beans, onions, broccoli and cabbage
- Avoid foods with hulls such as many seeds, corn, and certain nuts
- Avoid dried fruits like raisins and prunes
- Avoid most raw fruits, with the exception of bananas, apples (peeled), and melons.
- Favor soft canned fruits.